Retire Assets

Removing Equipment

Organizations wishing to remove equipment from CAM may initiate a retirement e-Doc for lost, discarded, cannibalized, stolen, destroyed, or externally transferred equipment. In all other cases, the organization must transfer the equipment to the MSU Surplus Store. Details of the action requested should be documented (e.g. sponsored project number or letter of agreement) and attached to the e-Doc. The e-Doc must be approved by the Fiscal Officer.

If equipment purchased with research funds is being retired, the Fiscal Officer must forward the e-Doc to Contract and Grant Administrating (CGA) for approval. This includes equipment removed as a result of a researcher changing universities.

More Information

Additional information and examples are available from the Office of Sponsored Programs and Contract and Grant Administration.
Navigate to Forms>Equipment.

View a sample memo PDF

View a sample equipment list PDF