Logistics has an electronic tracking system similar to the United Parcel Service (UPS) and FedEx systems. Logistics drivers capture signatures electronically and utilize bar code technology for package tracking online.
U-Track streamlines the process for departments by collecting one signature for multiple deliveries. As with the paper-based system, someone in the department will be signing for the number of packages they receive and not for package content. If departments do not have a member of their staff available to sign for a delivery, they have the option of having a signature represented by a bar code (a driver will scan a bar code instead of obtaining a signature). The bar code method has the same effect as obtaining a signature. If you are interested in this bar code option, contact the driver who provides service to your building.
How to Track
Use the following steps to track items delivered by Logistics. If you attempt a search that yields no results, your shipment has not been received by Logistics.
Reference Number Search
- Enter the reference number (i.e., PO, release, or requisition number) in the Ref Number Search field without an alpha prefix (i.e., 175902)
- Click U-Track It!
- Locate your order from the list by matching the order reference number to the online Ref Number
- Click the Item ID number for your package to review its Item/Asset History and determine the package status
Carriers Tracking Number Search
- Enter the carrier's tracking number (i.e., FedEx, UPS, Payroll, etc.) in the Carrier's Tracking Number field and click U-Track It!
- Review the Item/Asset History to determine the status of your package.
Payroll Check Tracking Search
Tracking numbers for checks begin with the department's five-digit ID number, followed by a space, and the issue date of the checks (excluding hyphens or slashes, i.e. 46906 010705).
- Enter the tracking number in the Carrier's Tracking Number Field and click U-Track It!
- After you enter the tracking number, a page will appear with delivery information
- Checks that we did not receive from Payroll will not be available on U-Track. Contact the MSU Payroll Department at 355-5010 to locate missing payroll checks.