MSU to Host Supplier Workshop
As one of the nation's top five campuses for sustainability, MSU is a leader in finding ways to reduce our environmental impact. The Office of Sustainability and Purchasing have partnered to host the Reducing our Environmental Footprint Workshop on January 23 and 24, 2012. Major suppliers of goods and supplies consumed by MSU are encouraged to participate in the event to share ideas, discuss industry trends and help develop a framework to achieve environmentally sustainable practices. Workshop topics include
- Sustainability Vision and Framework: An Emerging Imperative
- Changes in Purchasing Behavior
- Reducing Environmental Impact
- MSU as a Living/Learning Laboratory
- Upstream and Downstream challenges
The goal of the event is to identify ways to promote meaningful change at the university when selecting suppliers and purchasing products.