1. Enter the Finance System.
2. On the "Main Menu" tab, locate the "Lookup and Maintenance" box.
Under "Capital Asset Management" click the Asset link.
3. If you know the inventory tag number (barcode #), enter it in the "Tag
Number" field and select Search. If you need to look up the asset to
find the tag number, type your Organization Code into the "Organization
Owner Organization Code" field and select Search.
4. Find the asset in the "Items Retrieved" section at the bottom of the page
and select the Transfer link within the "Actions" area. If you do not see
the link, you may not have the authorization to initiate the document or
the asset has been retired. Please check with your financial officer or
CAM for more information.
5. In the "Document Overview" tab, add a description (e.g. "Transfer asset
XX to organization XX)
6. Enter additional details in the "Explanation" field.
7. In the "Asset Transfer" tab under "New - Transfer to Receiving Organization" enter:
Organization Chart of Account Code: MS
Organization Owner Account Number: Account number of the receiving organization
A. If funds are being transferred (interdepartmental sale)
1. Check the "Interdepartmental Sales Indicator" box
2. Enter the previously created "Transfer of Funds" financial document number.
8. In the "Asset Location" tab under "On Campus" enter:
A. If the asset will reside on campus, enter:
"Building Code": Building number where the asset will reside
"Building Room Number": Room number where the asset will reside. (If you are transferring
a vehicle, leave this field blank.)
B. If the asset will reside off campus, enter:
Name of the person in possession of the asset and the address, city, state, postal code, and country where the asset will reside.
9. In the "Notes or Attachments" field, add any additional documentation
10. Select Submit at the bottom of the page
Once the releasing and receiving organizations have approved the transfer document, the asset will belong to the new owner organization.